247EV Limited terms and conditions cover what is included free in your standard install and what happens if we need to quote for extra works. Issues may arise on the day that could mean we can’t complete your installation on the first visit, however, if we know about these in advance, we can often resolve them beforehand. If there is any reason you think why we might not be able to complete your install on the day, please let us know.
247EV’s standard installation package for an electric vehicle home charge point covers the majority of homes in the UK and includes the following:
- Fitting of a charge point on a brick or plaster wall, or to another suitable permanent structure. It is the customers responsibility to discuss this with our installer when they arrive on site.
- The EV Charge point must be fixed to the main property and able to utilise the property’s earthing arrangement, (property’s earthing arrangement must meet current regulations – we are required to check this by law).
- Routing of the cable through a drilled hole in a wall up to 500mm (20 inches) thick, if this is needed.
- Up to 10 metres of cable, run and neatly clipped to the wall between the electricity distribution board/consumer unit or meter point and the home charge point.
- Surface mounting of cable – i.e. no conduit or chasing.
- MCBO way on the consumer unit for connection of the charge point or the fitting of a small consumer unit to house suitable circuit protection, inline with BS7671:2018 and manufactures requirements.
- Where applicable the fitting of a load management device and current transformer clamp to reduce the chances of overloading your incoming supply fuse.
- The test and inspection of the work carried out the supply of electronic certification including building control notification
- No groundworks.
- Commissioning and demonstration of the charge point by your 247EV installer.
Some Conditions and Limitations that you need to know:
- There must be a garage or other suitable private off-street parking within your property allowing you to charge your vehicle safely without creating a trip or other health and safety risk to yourself or any other party, the home charge point must be fixed at a height where it can’t be hit by a vehicle.
- We can’t fix the cable higher than 1.8 metres (6 feet) above the ground. If fixing higher than this is unavoidable then the installation may need to be paused, in that case, we will quote for any extra work needed.
- We can’t, as part of the standard installation, trench the cable underground or suspend it above ground – if something like this is required please talk to us so that we can give you a quote in advance. If we find out on the day that we have to cross a garden or a pathway we may need to pause the job and quote for the extra work needed to trench the cable.
- You must have obtained any necessary permissions from other third parties, including your insurance companies and mortgage providers. We won’t be responsible if we carry out work and you don’t have the necessary permissions. You’ll be responsible for any losses that you or we suffer as a result of you failing to get the right permissions.
- We can’t run the cable under floorboards or through ducting/ceiling voids/wall voids without a drawcord (to pull the cable through), or if the floorboards have not been lifted.
- We can’t take responsibility for reinstating flooring or other building materials after the cable has been laid.
- Our installers are not able to work in crawl spaces, on roofs or in lofts if it is deemed unsafe by them.
- Our installers are not able to work in extreme weather (i.e. flooding or intense rain). If it is not safe to carry on, our installer will do as much as they can, and we will return at a later date.
- If you have purchased a freestanding mount for the charge point to be fixed on, please be aware that there may be an additional cost for installing this.
- There must be steady Wi-Fi at the location of the charge point to a reading of -68dBm or superior, this is to ensure correct operation of your home charger and be able to receive over the air firmware updates.
- 247EV Limited reserve the right to withdraw our offer of install, if this happens you will be offered a full refund.
- Electrical Installation certificates issued by 247EV Ltd or one of our sub-contractors cover only the worked installed under the contract agreement.
Example Additional Chargeable Items
- Domestic 6mm 3 core cable runs exceeding 10 metres @ £12.00 per meter.
- Mains protective bonding @ £100.00.
- Any trunking, conduit, etc (not required under regulations) @ £20.00 per meter.
- Any groundworks requested by the homeowner @ POA
- Ground Mount for the home charge/work charge point @ POA.
What happens if your existing wiring isn’t up to scratch?
- 247EV Limited follow BS7671:2018 regulations and guidelines on electric vehicle installations.
- If we can’t install in line with these rules, then your installation will be paused, and we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
- If the existing electrical arrangements at the property are not in line with these regulations or there is something else that makes it unsafe for us to install, then we will quote for the work needed to meet the required standards.
What happens if your electrical supply is inadequate?
- Where possible we fit a load limiting device and current transformer clamp to reduce the chances of overloading your incoming supply fuse, this is set to 60A as standard.
- Where your Main Fuse can support additional supply we can make an application to your Distribution Network Operator (DNO) to increase the limit at your request.
For properties on a looped supply a load limiting device can be used as an interim measure whilst works are carried out by your Distribution Network Operator.
We allocate two hours for standard installations. If we can’t complete on the day because of supply-related problems or unexpected extra works then we will reschedule an installation date once the additional works are complete or our quotation for the work has been accepted.
- If required, we will provide a no-obligation quotation for these services. Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days once issued.
- If it is determined that installation cannot be completed on the day, we will quote for additional works, and new installation date will be given once payment has been made.
- Please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- Once we receive approval to proceed, a new installation date will be given, please allow up to 10 working days for a new installation date.
- The owner/customer or a responsible adult of the age of 18 years or over needs to be present on-site for the ensure duration of the install.
All of our Electric Vehicle Charge Points are covered by a comprehensive 3-year manufacturers warranty. Any hardware failure should be promptly reported to us. Please quote the serial number, the date of installation and a brief description of the fault. The manufacturers technical team will carry out an assessment remotely and contact you to get further details if necessary. The warranty will be void if the charge point is opened, modified, tampered with or repair is attempted by anyone other than a 247EV Limited appointed installer.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will 247EV Limited accept any liability for any loss, costs or damage consequential to the use and/or misuse of the hardware or software products except where this is caused by the negligence of 247EV Limited.
Ownership and use of the charger
You become owner of the charger once it has been installed and fully paid for including payment by you. Until then we remain the owner. It is your responsibility to ensure that the charger is used and maintained only in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions and with any instructions we provide and with all applicable laws and regulations. Any modifications to the charger or installation works (e.g. cabling, switchgear and accessories) are likely to void any applicable manufacturer warranty. Such works should in any case only be carried out by a suitably qualified engineer.
- If we aren’t able to confirm whether you have a suitable location to install the charger from photographs you have sent to us we may decide there is a need to send an Installer to carry out an on-site survey.
- There is a £75.00 cost associated with a survey. We will do everything we reasonably can to avoid having to complete an on-site survey by providing our onboarding app to you before we give you a quotation. You aren’t under any obligation to proceed with the survey - though without one we may not be able to install a charger. As for the cost of the survey the following applies:
- If we give you a revised quotation which includes necessary works and you choose not to proceed, you will bear the cost of the on-site survey.
- If the Installation goes ahead, this cost is deducted from the total cost of the completed installation.
- We supply both untethered and tethered chargers. During the booking process we will ask you which connection type you require (either untethered, or a type 1 or type 2 tethered cable). It is your responsibility to select the correct connection type and length of tethered cable for your electric vehicle charge point; we cannot be held responsible if you select the incorrect information for your current or any future vehicles.
Payment is required in full 7 days in advance of the installation date. Payment can be made by either credit or debit card, bank transfer. Three Months 0% Interest Free Credit is also available through Klarna on all invoices less than £1,000.00
If you wish to make a complaint please write to us at 247EV Limited, 100 The Maltings, Wilderspool Causeway, Warrington, WA4 6PU. We endeavour to respond to your complaint within three working days of receipt.
You have 14 days from booking in which you can cancel. If your installation is booked in less than 14 days time you still have the right to cancel, any cancellations made within 72 hours of installation may be subject to a £80.00 administrative fee.
Third Party Installers
- We have a trusted network of third party installers who hold accreditation with a registered body such as NICEIC, NAPIT, etc.
- Have test equipment to allow comprehensive verification of your install.
- Hold public liability of insurance.
- Hits: 33